Phosphorus in the circular economy
COMING SOON! Why phosphorus is a special priority case for the circular economy
MAIN THEME: Phosphorous in the sustainable economy
LEVEL: Medium. You should be familiar with the basic concepts of the circular economy before taking this unit. We recommend the basic course.
FOR YOU WHO: are students, entrepreneurs, horticulturalists, farmers as well as policy makers and municipal managers.
- The essential role of phosphorus in all living things - and why it is different
- Why phosphorus management is essential to the economy
- Phosphorus in Agriculture, Food Provision and Water management
- Historical aspects
- Why we need radical change in how we handle phosphorus in agriculture
- Business opportunities opening up as we progress to the Circular Economy
- Policy opportunities to nudge the market towards the Circular Economy
THE COURSE CONSISTS OF:
Several lessons with explanatory videos, test yourself sections and further study suggestions as well as downloadable complimentary material.
WHY WATCH: Phosphorous is a key mineral in all living things, agriculture and industry. It is a major pollutant and yet in short supply. The better agriculture and policy makers grasp phosphorus, the better the circular economy can function. As soon as attitudes begin to change - or even before for brilliant entrepreneurs - new business opportunities appear.
LENGTH: The whole course will take you about an hour, but we recommend repeating sections you are unfamiliar with - our courses are designed to be compact!
Origin: Big thanks to Folke Günther for supplying the animations and scientific foundations for this animation
Want to be informed as soon as the course is available and get early bird discounts? Register via this link
More to learn:
Fees on phosphorus: aligning Fiscal Policy with nature. (The Swedish Sustainable Economy Foundation)